The success of any keyphrase strategy is completely dependent on your ability:
- To Identify the specific intentions behind your target audience(s) online behavior.
- To create content around each individual term you select.
Most business owners and marketing executives are familiar with the concept of a keyphrase strategy and anyone who has partnered with an SEO agency has most likely had one created for their business.
Going Beyond Search Volume
The issue with most of these strategies is that they are often based completely on the estimated search volume attached to each identified phrase.
By focusing primarily on search volume, you are missing out on a number of critical details that provide true clarity on the search landscape your business is competing for.
By only looking at search volume, you have no idea:
- What other companies, organizations, and singular entities you’re competing against when it comes to maximizing visibility around each key term.
- What forms of content Google and online consumers have deemed to be the most meaningful, engaging, and desired.
- What type of SEO elements are necessary to implement in order to successfully rank within organic listings.
We recently published an article with one of our supporting partners Search Engine People, discussing this concept in-depth and providing specific steps around how you can use your keyphrase strategy as a means for driving more monthly conversions.