How Can I Monitor My Website’s Success or Understand How Well My SEO Campaign Is Performing?
There are literally hundreds of paid programs that offer various details around your Albany website’s
SEO, as well as the extent of your SEO success. However, it is important to know that each paid platform does come with its own set of deltas that ultimately skew data, preventing you from truly understanding how well your campaign is performing.
Google Analytics is a baseline tool. The platform is free, as long as you have a Gmail account, and can
be easily installed by even the most casual of marketers.
With Google Analytics, you can gain critical insight in real time, as well as over historical periods,
- How much traffic you’ve accumulated
- Where your traffic derives from (e.g. direct sources, organic, paid, social, e-mail)
- What type of devices your traffic uses to find you online (mobile, tablet, desktop)
- Where your traffic is located throughout the country, state, and local region
Some of the more significant metrics you’ll want to stay close to are:
- Total traffic
- Organic traffic
- Direct traffic
- Referral traffic
- Mobile traffic
- Top landing pages
You will also want to set up Google and Bing Webmaster Tools in order to stay up-to-date with the
technical health of your business’s website.
With these free platforms, you can review the following details that relate to your website’s overall
- Broken links – 404 errors, soft 404 errors, 500 server errors
- XML Sitemap status and ability to submit new ones
- Landing page appearance within search listings
- Rich snippet implementation and appearance within search listings
- Warning messages that relate to hacked servers, duplicate content, and other possible penalties
related to manipulative SEO tactics