The days of stuffing keywords into your website’s metadata in order to outrank your competitors are
Today’s search engines are much more sophisticated in how they pull content, and are more interested in connecting with websites that offer a superior user experience than one that has perfect page titles.
That’s not to say that metadata doesn’t still have an important role in building a successful SEO
campaign, it just shouldn’t be regarded as a singular means for increasing your rankings or monthly
To understand the value of each relevant form of metadata, take a look at the following
considerations, as they relate to SEO:
- Page titles – Still contain slight influence for supporting rankings. Important because they show on the SERP, and are the first thing searchers see when searching online
- Meta descriptions – Don’t support search rankings, but they’re important because they show on the SERP and so they influence click-through rate, they sell the story
- Header tags – Minimal influence on keyword rankings, but when built properly, can support landing page visibility
- URL structure – Supports search efficiency and keyword rankings to a slight degree
- Image alt. Tags – Support visibility and click-through rate
Metadata Optimization Is Easy With SEO Without Borders
If you are struggling with metadata optimization, you can give us a call at 518.888.0407 for immediate help.
We are Albany’s most experienced SEO company with a full staff of strategists who all have over 9 years of industry experience.
Metadata optimization can bring your local business to the next level when implemented correctly.
Our strategists can work with you and your team in ways that allow you to understand what and why we are moving forward with a particular strategy.
Transparency and client education are paramount for success, which is why we invest a tremendous amount of resources in helping you learn how to help yourself when it comes to digital marketing and metadata optimization.